Saturday, March 22, 2014

oh, hello there.

So many people these days feel like they've become the ultimate authority on what's hip. I'm not one of those people. I like what I like and I don't really care what you or anybody else for that matter thinks about it. However, I can't help but think what truly goes through the minds of people that start these blogs and how they think that they are actually a figurative spearhead for what you should or should not purchase/visit/make etc etc.

I think this should be misnomer for these sites:

Hi,

I'm rich/famous or at least I'm trying to be. Here's a bunch of really expensive things I'm going to recommend that you should buy. I'm probably being paid to say this or have been gifted these items and majority of these things you definitely cannot afford. Hope you don't get too depressed as you look at these photo shopped pictures of me doing fabulous things that no normal person does. I don't go anywhere without a personal photographer to take photos of me in outfits I think are cute, especially when I'm drinking non fat iced lattes. Maybe I just have too much time on my hands.

Wishing you all the best,

X

So as I venture into random blogdom, know that my expectations are very, very low. I'm not claiming to be an authority on anything for that matter. These are my experiences and my thoughts, that's all. I'm just a Midwestern born girl, raised in the southwest who's now living in the confines of the largest most exhilaratingly scariest city in the United States. 

Thanks for listening,

B

No comments:

Post a Comment